Chiropractic spinal manipulation and chiropractic care is known to be the most effective treatment for low back pain, the type of sudden injury that results from things like back injuries caused by the impact of auto accidents.
A Leading University led a low back pain study in March 2016. They found that 73 percent of those who received standard medical care and chiropractic care rated their improvement as pain “completely gone,” “much better” or “moderately better.” In comparison, only 17 percent of participants who received only standard medical care rated their improvement this way. *
(* These results, as well as other measures of pain and function between the two groups, are considered both clinically and statistically significant. This pilot study was conducted at an Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, with 91 active-duty military personnel between the ages of 18 and 35.)
What to expect at your chiropractic visit? A Chiropractor first takes your medical history, performs a physical examination, and may use diagnostic imaging or other lab tests to determine what treatment is appropriate for your back pain.
This treatment plan can involve several things by your Chiropractor:
- One or more manual adjustments where the Chiropractor manipulates joints, using controlled, sudden force to improve range and quality of motion
- TENS Therapy (or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) which gently stimulates nerves and blocks pain signals before they can be received by the brain. This is generally used to relieve back pain & other types of pain
- X-Rays to determine the cause of pain or discomfort
- Heating pads which help calm back pain, relieve the “twinges” you may be experiencing and loosen up the back
- Exercise/Physical Therapy to strengthen the muscles that support the back
One of the many goals of chiropractic care includes restoring back function and prevention of injury in addition to back pain relief.
The Chiropractors at Core Rehab are here to serve you both in the greater Las Vegas valley and the Tulsa, Oklahoma Metro area.