21 Sep 5 Simple Stretches to Help With Back Pain
Statistics show that 8 out of 10 adults suffer from back pain. Here are five daily stretches to help ease and prevent back pain the future and help with posture. These simple stretches can be done from home. You should always consult with a doctor before beginning any stretching or exercise regimen.
1. Supine Hip Flexor (Hold each side for two minutes)
Move to the edge of the bed and let your leg dangle. Grab your other leg and bring your knee to your chest.
2. Single Knee to Chest (Five reps on each leg/Hold for 10 seconds)
Take your knee and pull it to your chest with both hands.
3. Hamstring Stretch (Five reps on each leg/Hold for 10 seconds)
Grab behind your thigh with both hands and pull your leg to toward your chest, putting your foot toward the ceiling.
4. Lumbar Rotation with Flexed Knees (Five reps on each leg/Hold for 10 seconds)
Put your knees together and drop them to the side as far as you can go. Hold for 10 seconds. Bring knees back to the center and repeat with the other side.
5. Glute/Piriformis Stretch (Five reps on each leg/Hold for 10 seconds)
Have one leg straight. Grab the other leg with the opposite hand and reach across and grab your knee. Pull your knee across your body. When you feel the stretch, count to ten.
For additional exercises and more back pain management tips, consult one of our Chiropractic Physicians at Core Rehab today. 702-577-1962