04 Nov What Do I Do After A Car Accident in Las Vegas?
At Core Rehab, we enjoy helping educate our patients as well as our Las Vegas community. We’d like to share with you our tips on what you should do after a car accident.
At the Accident Scene
- Remain call and stay in your car
- Call the police
- Do NOT admit fault
- Exchange information with the other party
- Photograph the damage to your vehicle and the vehicle that struck you
After the Accident
- CALL CORE REHAB! It’s important that you seek medical attention ASAP. Injuries after an auto accident may not be evident immediately after the collision do to adrenaline and your fight or flight mechanism. Most people begin experiencing symptoms the next day. The quicker you can be diagnosed, begin decreasing inflammation and receive proper care the better your long term prognosis will be.
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Consider contacting an attorney. If you’re not sure if calling a lawyer is right for you contact Core Rehab for advice.
Your best defense is preparedness and we strongly recommend that before an accident happens to call your insurance, and make sure you have medical payment coverage. It may not seem like much, but for an extra few dollars a month you could have $20,000 worth of medical coverage in case you or someone in your car is hurt. Vehicles can be repaired and replaced: you can’t! At Core Rehab, we practice “people care … not patient care!”
Image courtesy of anankkml / FreeDigitalPhotos.net